Privacy Act Statement:
- GENERAL - This information is provided pursuant to Public Law 93-579 (Privacy Act of 1974), Title 5 United States Code (U.S.C.), Section 552a, for individuals applying for admission to NFA or EMI.
- AUTHORITY - Federal Fire Prevention and Control Act of 1974, as amended, Title 15 U.S.C., Sections 2201 et.seq; Robert T.Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act, as amended, Title 15 U.S.C., Sections 5121 et.seq; Title 44 U.S.C., Section 3101; Executive Orders 12127, 12148, and 9397; Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1864; and section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- PURPOSES - To determine eligibility for participation in NFA and EMI courses. Information such as age, sex, and ancestral heritage are used for statistical purposes only.
- USES - Information may be released to:
- FEMA staff to analyze application and enrollment patterns for specific courses, and to respond to student inquiries;
- Members of the Board of Visitors for the purpose of evaluating programmatic statistics;
- Sponsoring states, local officials, or state agencies to update/evaluate statistics of NFA and EMI participants;
- Members of Congress seeking first party information; and
- Agency training program contractors and computer centers performing administrative functions.
- EFFECTS OF NONDISCLOSURE - Personal information is provided on a volunteer basis. Failure to provide information on this form, however, may result in delay in processing your application and/or certifying completion of the course. Information Regarding Disclosure of Your Social Security Number Under PL 93-579, Section 7(b) - E.O. 9397 authorizes the collection of the SSN. The SSN is necessary because of the large number of individuals who have identical names and birth dates and whose identities can only be distinguished by the SSN. The SSN is used for record-keeping purposes, i.e., to ensure that your academic record is maintained accurately. Disclosure of the SSN is voluntary. However, if you do not provide your SSN, another number will be substituted, which will delay processing of your application or course certificate.
CLOSE THIS WINDOW